| | Winter seems to have finally taken the hint to move on. I certainly hope that those of you who are just edging into your winter season have a more gentle time of it. It's been a bumpy start to spring. If your soil is still soggy, don't rush things. You can still get your fix of spring air by clearing beds and pruning shrubs. Here are some more tips for Gardening in April.
Gardening Tip of the Week Watering Fragile Plants: I use a turkey baster or large syringe to water seedlings and cuttings in order to control the amount of water and avoid disturbing fine seeds (ie-lettuce). I also use one to start my African Violets and other sensitive house plants and flowers. Submitted by Vonya Thank you to everyone who has shared a tip. Keep them coming! We'll be announcing the Houseplants photo challenge winners next week. For April/May, Spring May Flowers is back by popular demand. It may have seemed like spring flowers were never going to show up, but they never disappoint. Let's see what April's showers bring to your garden. Got a gardening question? The place to ask it is on the About Gardening Forum. Please be aware that I am not always able to respond to emailed questions in a timely fashion. And don't forget, you can connect with me on Twitter and Facebook, too. | | Reworking Strawberry Beds - Is It Worth It? I got a question about transplanting strawberry runners and reworking strawberry beds, which I answer here, but I'm also curious to hear from any of you who do rework your beds. Any short cuts? If so, please share them in the comments section.... Read more | Featured Plant: Broccoli I had some fun this April Fool's Day saying that the Broccoli Council was going to rename broccoli, to appeal to a younger market. But I bet if you brought a child into your garden and snapped a fresh bud off the plant for her or him to munch on right then, there would be no challenge. Try growing some broccoli.... Read more | Do Pine Needles Acidify Soil? If you have pine trees, you know how abundant the needles can be. Some people shy from using them as mulch or in their compost, because of concern that they acidify the soil. Here's the real scoop, from a soil scientist..... Read more | Talk of the Garden We're getting into the nitty gritty on the Forum, as plants wake up and we are starting to see problems. If it sounds familiar, join us on the Forum. | | | | Gardening Ads | | | | Featured Articles | | | | | More from About.com | | | | | | Discover the Disney Dream Disney's newest cruise ship has something for every family member, from the Aqua Duck watercoaster to adults-only lounges. More>
| | | | Cruise the Celebrity Eclipse The Eclipse features luxurious interiors, a spa, and the "iLounge" where guests can check email and create their own photo books. More>
| | | | | Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics | | | | You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About Gardening newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here. About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy Contact Information: 249 West 17th Street New York, NY, 10011 © 2011 About.com | | | | | Videos: How To... | | Advertisement | |
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar